Procurements Involving Expenditures of Less than $20,000
Budgeted Procurements of $5,000-20,000
12. For Procurement of budgeted items estimated to cost between $5,000 and $20,000 and for the Procurement of commercial “off-the-shelf” items, a simplified Procurement procedure is used as described below;
13. The General Manager will obtain bids for the Procurement either by telephone or by e-mail from a minimum of three qualified vendors or Contractors from a list of Contractors maintained by the Management Office.
14. The General Manager will select the Contractor providing the bid that in his judgment is most advantageous to WEI, taking into consideration cost and such ancillary matters as quality, delivery schedule, and warranties. After a review of the General Manager's recommendation by the President of the Board, the General Manager will execute a contract award or a purchase order, as is appropriate for the Procurement.
15. The General Manager will maintain a record of the bids received in a Procurement File, documenting, as applicable, justification for selection. This record will be available to the Board for review.
Unbudgeted Procurements of $5,000-20,000
16. For Procurements of unbudgeted items estimated to cost between $5,000 and $20,000, the procedure is the same as that employed for budgeted Procurements in that range. However, before the bid is selected by the General Manager, it is first submitted to the Finance Committee for review and recommendation to the Board. After having evaluated the recommendation of the Finance Committee, the Board will vote on whether or not to authorize the General Manager to execute a contract award or purchase order for the Procurement.
Procurements Involving Expenditures of Less than $5,000;
17. The General Manager will select a Contractor and will effect the Procurement by executing either a purchase order or a contract, as is appropriate. If the proposed expenditure would result in an increase in the relevant line item expense beyond the budgeted amount, the General Manager must obtain the approval of the President of the Board or his/her designate for an increase in that line item to accommodate the proposed expenditure.
18. For all Procurements, the General Manager will monitor Contractor performance and the quality of commercial “off-the-shelf Procurement to assure performance and delivery in accordance with the terms and conditions stipulated in the RFP/Contract or purchase order, as the case may be. The General Manager will report to the President of the Board whether or not the contract has been honored as per RFP stipulations before payment for the work is authorized.
19. For Procurements in excess of $20,000, the Chair of the relevant Committee and one other Committee member will inspect and evaluate delivery of the Procurement as per the terms and conditions stipulated in the RFP/Contract or purchase order. Before payment is authorized, the General Manager and the Chair of that Committee will certify that the work has been satisfactorily completed.
Approved by the Board of Directors/June 22, 2005